Guidelines for Home-Schooled Student-Athletes
Home-schooled students wishing to participate in interscholastic athletics must submit a letter of request for participation along with the affidavit for home education (and annually thereafter on August 1) to the Superintendent. The Superintendent or the Superintendent’s designee will make all decisions on student participation.
Students must continue to meet all the guidelines for home schooling (portfolio, testing requirements, evaluations, etc.).
Students will submit on a weekly basis attendance and academic status information to the high school office (form below). Portfolio updates must be available upon request for review by the Superintendent or his/her designee at the end of each month of participation.
The student and parent may be required to meet with the Athletic Director and coach prior to participation in the activity.
Students will qualify for participation based on the selection procedures for district enrolled students.
Home-schooling students must satisfy all school district and PIAA eligibility requirements in order to participate in athletics for the Conestoga Valley School District. These requirements include:
- Students must have a physical examination on the PIAA-mandated CIPPE form prior to participation.
- Students must be passing five (5) courses at CVMS, and/or cannot be failing (i.e. below 60%) more than 1 course at CVHS.
- Students must not be absent more than 20 days per semester from their educational program.
Students must adhere to all Conestoga Valley School District rules which include:
- Signing a “Code of Responsibilities”.
- Providing evidence of insurance or signing a waiver.
- Following team rules.
Students are permitted to utilize transportation when it is provided for other team members, but are responsible for transportation at other times.