The Music curriculum at Conestoga Valley is standards-based, with emphasis on:
- Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
- Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
- Reading and notating music.
- Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
- Evaluating music and music performances.
- Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
- Understanding music in relation to history and culture.
Mr. Daniel Burns, K-6 Subject Area Supervisor
Mr. Burns earned his master of fine arts degree from the Catholic University of America. He also holds certificates in supervision, curriculum and instruction and art education. Mr. Burns has been the recipient of a Fulbright Memorial Award to travel and study in Japan. Additionally, he was a member of a team of educators who traveled to Russia on a Fulbright grant to develop curriculum based on Russian studies. Mr. Burns serves as supervisor of art, world languages and music.
Phone: (717) 397-5231, ext. 1023
Dr. Daniel G. Daneker, Subject Area Supervisor
Dr. Daneker has served Conestoga Valley School District for more than 30 years as a middle school and high school science teacher. Dr. Daneker received his undergraduate degree in earth science and biology from Millersville University and general science certificate from Elizabethtown College. His master's degree is in curriculum and instruction from Kutztown University. He holds his curriculum and instruction supervisory and K-12 principal certification from Millersville University and a doctor of education (Ed.D.) in K-12 educational leadership from Immaculata University. Dr. Daneker currently serves the district as the K-12 subject area supervisor for the Sci-Tech department, a combination of the science and technology education departments.
Phone: (717) 397-5231 ext. 1024