9th Grade Timeline - Ninth Grade Year
- Meet with and get to know your counselor this school year! Either email your counselor directly or stop in to the Counseling Office and ask Mrs. McDaniel to make an appointment for you
- Work with your counselor and in your Career Education class to explore future careers that match with your interests, skills, and strengths:
- Set personal expectations and goals
- Gather as much information as possible on careers and majors
- Evaluate post-secondary options: 2 or 4-year college, technical school, military, or work force
- Take advantage of your Career Cruising account: develop a four-year course plan, find great links to career videos/websites, take career interest surveys, and much more!
- Participate in career shadowing opportunities and field trips offered by your school
- Helpful websites for career exploration:
- Get off to a good start with your grades. The grades you earn in ninth grade will be included in your final high school GPA and class rank.
- Turn in EVERY assignment. Even if it is not your best work, zeros will kill your grade. Avoid zeros at all costs!!
- Get involved in an activity(ies) (both school and non-school sponsored). Many times, scholarship opportunities are available for those involved in not only sports, but also service clubs, leadership positions, music/art/drama, etc. And it is a great way to meet people!
- Routinely sign into your Class of Schoology Page! Schoology is the primary source of communication from your teachers, counselors, and administrators
- Come to school EVERY DAY. Missing school has academic, administrative, social, and sometimes legal consequences. Showing up is one of the biggest factors that leads to success
- Use a planner, a calendar, or other organizational tool to keep track of assignments, deadlines, school events, etc. Make sure you are also logging in to your Sapphire Student Portal!
- If you start to fall behind, have questions, or need help make sure to talk to your teachers! Also take advantage of Learning Lab on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The school provides transportation.
- Other helpful resources:
**Make sure to keep track your accomplishments, activities, shadowing, volunteering, and work experiences on a high school resume!