Eighth Grade Timeline
What My 8th Grade Student Should Be Doing to Prep for a Career and/or College
- Continue to take college preparatory Math, English, History, and Science, and include a foreign language if your schedule allows.
- Participate in extra-curricular and community service activities
- Keep striving for "A"'s and "B"'s.
- Review your career and college plans with your parents/guardians and your counselor.
Family members should:
- Meet with the school counselor to see how the student in your family is doing in the needed academic classes and discuss high school course selections.
- Continue to talk about college opportunities with your child.
- Attend "College Day" or "College Night" at your school district.
- Continue to participate in your child's future planning.