Student Registration - Kindergarten & New Students
If you intend to enroll your child(ren) at CV, parents/guardians must complete the online registration process and contact the Central Registration Office for further instructions at 717-397-2421 x0012.
**Please note! While every effort is made to enroll your student in school as soon as possible, please be advised that it may take up to five (5) school days to complete the registration process.
*2022-23 kindergarten registration is not yet open*
All students who turn five (5) years old on or before September 1 are eligible to begin kindergarten that school year. Kindergarten registration is conducted in the spring for the following school year at each elementary building.Parents registering kindergarten students are strongly encouraged to follow the instructions under Student Registration Information (below) and it will be strongly encouraged that you register your child by Friday, February 26, 2021. After completion of online registration, call 717-397-2421 x0012 to schedule a document verification appointment.Click here for a Kindergarten Registration Checklist.Instructions for Kindergarten Registration:
- You can save and return to the online registration form at any time. However, once you submit your registration, you will not be able to edit your responses.
- We estimate that it will take at least 30 minutes per student to complete the Online Registration Form.
- What you will need:
- Email Address
- Information needed for student: name, gender, Date of Birth (DOB), ethnicity, complete address, city/state of birth, name of elementary, grade level, special education paperwork Y/N
- List ALL household members with name, DOB, employed, homemaker, retired, etc.
- Homeowner/Leaseholder Y/N
- If No - multiple occupancy affidavit required
- If applicable:
- Custody/guardianship documentation
- Foster student documentation
- Student Contacts: (parent/guardian and all emergency contacts)
- Name, release to Y/N, live with Y/N, address, phone, contact order #1, 2, 3, etc., email address (for parent/guardian only), employer, retired, homemaker, etc.
- Health Conditions
- Allergies, treatment plan
- Medical Conditions
- Medications taken at home/school
- Include dose, time, and reason
- Health History
- Childhood diseases, serious illness, accidents, broken bones, hospitalizations, operations, special diet/food restrictions
- Medical visits: seen by dentist, doctor, specialist
- Name and date of last visit
- Required Documentation
- Birth Certificate (copies accepted). Proof of Birth forms available as needed
- Proof of address
- Acceptable: signed lease, mortgage statement, agreement of sale, deed, current utility bill, tax bill, pay stub
- Parent/guardian picture ID
- Stepparent access form (to be provided as needed)
- Submit registration to Conestoga Valley School District
Kindergarten Registration Checklist:
Important Note: Person registering student(s) MUST be the child's legal guardian.
Please have the following documents in order to finalize your child's online registration application:
Your child's registration will not be complete without receipt of these required documents:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization record to date (from family physician)
- Proof of address (TWO of the following):
- Agreement of sale
- Bank mortgage payment
- Current electric or gas bill
- Property tax bill
- Current pay stub
- Please note that cable TV and telephone bills are not acceptable as proof of residency
- Photo ID
The following documents are required ONLY IF APPLICABLE:
- Special education paperwork (IEP/ER/NOREP/504 Plan)
- Affidavit of guardianship
- Custody order
- Resource care (foster placement)
The following documents are required by the start of the school year (blank forms available):
- Private physician's report of physical examination
- Private dentist report of dental examination
Student Registration Information
In order to complete the Online Registration Form, you must first have a personal email account so that a registration password can be set and emailed to you. If you would like to create a free Gmail account, please click here.
- Click Here to create an online registration account. A verification email will be sent from Sapphire@conestogavalley.org. If you don’t see the email in your inbox, you may want to check your Junk Email Folder. (If you already have an account you can log in here.)
**IMPORTANT NOTE: Person registering student(s) MUST be the child(s) legal guardian.**
- Complete the Online Registration Form. We estimate that it will take at least 30 minutes per student to complete.
To register a new student, Pennsylvania law requires* you to present the following documents at the central registration office:
- Immunization Record (from previous school district or family physician)
- Birth Certificate: original birth certificate or notarized copy of birth certificate that identifies birth information: date, location (county & state), biological parents' names
- Driver's License or Picture ID
- Proof of Residency: A lease or mortgage AND a current bill (utility, property tax, etc.) going to that address.
*PA State Dept of Ed Policy #24 P.S. 13-1301-13-1306
Conestoga Valley School District also requires the following documents, if applicable:
- Affidavit of Guardianship (if applicable)
- Custody Order
- Resource Care (foster placement)
Once your child is registered, a school counselor will place your child in the appropriate grade level in our schools. The following documents are essential to assist our counselors in that process:
- Transcript (high school students only)
- Report Card
- Discipline (Parental Registration Statement 106-0309)
- Special Education Paperwork (IEP/ER/NOREP/504 Plan) (if applicable)
- Home school Portfolio (if applicable)
- Cyber School Grades (if applicable)
Please note: failure to provide the requested documentation will result in rescheduling your registration appointment.