Student Assistance Program (SAP)

  • Student Assistance Program (SAP)

    A team of professionally trained staff is available in the secondary schools to deal with:

    • Concerns about suicide
    • Depression
    • Alcohol & related problems
    • Drug use & related problems
    • Anger/violence
    • Serious attendance problems

    If you suspect that your child is involved with any of the above, you can get help by calling 399-8291 and asking to talk to the SAP coordinator.

    The team provides an assessment of the problem and may use a formal intervention process with parents and the student to resolve the issues.

    You can also get help from the SAP by contacting any teacher or counselor or, if the student wishes, self-referral.  The actions of the team are held in confidence unless the safety or health of the student or other individuals is at risk.