Penn State University - York
The Penn State York Dual Enrollment program enables qualified junior and senior high school students to take college courses at a reduced rate of tuition and simultaneously earn college and high school credits while still in high school.EligibilityThe following materials must be received by the admissions office from the high school guidance office no later than five weeks prior to the first day of classes each semester.
- The signed and completed Penn State York Dual Enrollment Form and Contract, signed by the student, parent/guardian, and high school guidance counselor.
- Official high school transcript with a 3.0 GPA minimum
- Standardized test scores (one or more of the following: SAT (recommended), ACT, PSAT, PSSA or Keystone Exam)
- Letter of recommendation from the student’s high school guidance counselor
- Shelly Drabik, Admissions Office, 1031 Edgecomb Avenue, York PA 17403, or faxed to her attention at 717-771-4005. Cover letters/sheets should be labeled “Dual Enrollment Student Documentation”).
- Documentation should be mailed to:
- Once documents have been received and processed, eligible students will be notified of approval to participate and emailed a link and detailed instructions regarding setting up their Penn State access account online.
- Only after activating their access account, students should contact the admissions office to schedule a class registration appointment with an admissions counselor.
Tuition Costs (subject to change)
- $300 per credit plus a $155 semester fee or $1055 for 3 credit course
- Books and fees must be paid in full by the student.
Course Selection: Click here to see a list of courses available to dual enrollment students.Returning Dual Enrollment Students
- A student can remain in the program as long as a grade of C or better is earned for each college course taken while still in high school. Students who have successfully completed Penn State York dual enrollment classes previously, must schedule classes through the admissions office; they do not have to be accompanied by a parent or guardian, nor must they supply preregistration documentation, prior to the appointment.
Conestoga Valley High School Course Substitutes
- PLSC 001: Intro. to American National Gov. (Replaces 2041 Traditional U.S. Gov. & Econ. for 1 credit)
- Math 140: Calculus with Analytic Geo 1 (Replaces 4040AP AP Calculus AB for 1 credit)
- Math 141: Calculus with Analytic Geo 2 (Replaces 4050AP AP Calculus BC for 1 credit)