Communications from CVSD
Occasionally, CVSD will send out automated emails, texts and phone calls to students and parents about upcoming events, school emergencies, attendance reports and more. While these methods of communication are essential for dispersing information to the CV community, the district understands that some may not want these communications or be mistakenly receiving these communications.
If you are being contacted by CVSD and wish to be removed from our contact list, follow the instructions below.
Opting out of CVSD phone calls, emails and text messages
Users can opt out of:
- Phone calls: Call the Blackboard phone hotline at 855-502-STOP (855-502-7867)
- Text (SMS) messages: Reply STOP to any Blackboard system text or to "60680"
- Emails: Click the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email
Users can opt back into the messages by following the directions below:
- Phone calls: Call the Blackboard Phone Hotline at 855-502-STOP (855-502-7867) from the phone line that has been opted out.
- Text (SMS) messages: Reply START to "60680" from the phone line that has been opted out.\
Opt out at the end of a message:
- Additionally, at the end of every call, users are given the prompt to press 9 to stop receiving phone calls. Note that this will opt-out the number from receiving future informational messages (about upcoming events, etc.), but not emergency or attendance messages. If you wish to opt out of all messages, please call the Blackboard hotline at 855-502-STOP or the CV public relations specialist at 717.399.1544.
Please note that T-Mobile users need to opt in to toll free SMS messaging. This can be accomplished via an online form or by calling T-Mobile directly:
1. Go to T-mobile.com > Privacy Center > Privacy Choices tab > Opt-out Form > there is an option here to opt in to toll-free SMS > complete and submit.
2. Call 800-937-8997 and have them submit this form for you.