CV Mentors, a program designed to connect high school students to staff mentors, seeks to build lasting relationships through consistent, caring contact. Mentors and mentees will meet weekly to set goals, monitor grades, and tackle school and life issues as they arise. Importantly, mentors work closely with families in a partnership to strengthen the home-school connection. The mentor relationship follows the student through all four years of high school.
Who would benefit from CV Mentors?
Any student in grades 9-12 would benefit from a mentor. Here are just some of the many benefits mentees reported from working with their mentors. CV Mentors brings me…
- a connection to an adult at the high school
- increased communication between teachers, counselors, and parents
- knowledge that someone knows you well, cares, and can help you solve problems
- improved grades
- a cheerleader when you’re doing well
- a voice of reason and concern / a dose of reality when you’re not
- a stronger desire to be at school
- a greater feeling of belonging at CVHS
- an extracurricular activity to include on resumes/applications
- fun events (like a trip to Sky Zone!)
How do I find out more or get started?
Contact Rachel Metzinger