Conestoga Valley High School
Senior Graduation/Commencement Expectations
2019-2020 School Year
Type in Conestoga Valley (***do not select "Conestoga High School")
Missed the class meeting in October? Check out the attached Power Point presentation with information related to Commencement 2020.
CVHS wants all seniors who complete their senior year successfully to participate in our annual commencement ceremony. It is an important life event for graduates and families alike. Participation in the ceremony is voluntary and those who wish to take part must agree to abide by the following conditions:
- Successfully complete all academic requirements according to all due dates. This includes mandatory and elective courses and total credits.
- Maintain regular attendance. Students may not exceed an absentee rate for unexcused absences of 10% or greater for any 60-day period of school.
- Be responsible. Students who engage in behavior(s) that jeopardize the safety and well-being of others or in general compromise school rules and the reputation of the class or school may be denied participation in commencement. Expectations for appropriate behavior continue up to and including the commencement ceremony.
- Satisfy all obligations and debts. All fees, costs and/or charges must be satisfied prior to the end of seniors’ regular classes. All equipment or other school property must be returned in full and in appropriate condition prior to the end of seniors’ regular classes.
- Attend Commencement practices. Seniors must attend all commencement practices.
- Wear the school approved cap and gown and follow all procedures for ordering.
- Follow all commencement related tasks and procedures as communicated by the commencement advisor and administration.
Again, we want all seniors who have completed their high school requirements to participate in commencement. Please be sure these rules are understood and followed as various deadlines approach throughout the year.
Thank you for your understanding and full cooperation.
COMMENCEMENT 2020 BASIC INFORMATION
Aside from meeting all academic and other student responsibilities, please note the following"
- Sign up for the commencement group text. Text @d9efb79 to 81010
- You must order your cap and gown from Student Services ASAP. This can be done online, Click here to order your cap and gown. Type in Conestoga Valley (***do not select "Conestoga High School")- November 15th.
- Later, this semester you will need to submit a form to indicate the name you would like printed on your diploma and the name you would like announced at commencement. If you do not complete this, we will use the first and last name as listed in your academic profile (January)
- Each participating student will be allotted FIVE tickets.
- Extra Ticket Requests can be made in April (250... This is the number of extra tickets we will have available. It is not possible to accomodate all of your extended families in the main sanctuary, as the main santuary at Calvary seats approximatley 2100 people.
- Priority will be given to students who complete their commencement responsibilities (above) first.
- There is overflow seating available for additional guests. There is space for 300, and there will be a live stream of the ceremony for your families. If you need overflow tickets, you'll just have to request them.
- ALL TICKETS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AT PRACTICE (DATE TBD)
- Only school provided "extras" will be allowed. No personal tassels, stolls, hoods, accessories will be permitted for the ceremony, but you may use them for your personal photos before and after the ceremony.
Held at Calvary Church, 1051 Landis Valley Road, Lancaster, PA 17601
Student must provide own transportation to practice.
Attendance at practice is mandatory in order to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Friday, May 29, 2020 - 8:30 am until approximately 11 am.
- Cap, gowns and tickets will be distributed at practice.
- All obligations (fines) must be paid prior to students receiving their cap, gowns and/or tickets.
Date - Friday, May 29, 2020 @ 7 pm.
Location - Calvary Church. 1051 Landis Valley Rd, Lancaster, PA 17601
Seniors must arrive at 6 pm. Doors open to family and friends at 6:15 pm.