Conestoga Valley High School
Senior Graduation/Commencement Expectations
2018-19 School Year
CVHS wants all seniors who complete their senior year successfully to participate in our annual commencement ceremony. It is an important life event for graduates and families alike. Participation in the ceremony is voluntary and those who wish to take part must agree to abide by the following conditions:
- Successfully complete all academic requirements according to all due dates. This includes mandatory and elective courses and total credits.
- Maintain regular attendance. Students may not exceed an absentee rate for unexcused absences of 10% or greater for any 60-day period of school.
- Be responsible. Students who engage in behavior(s) that jeopardize the safety and well-being of others or in general compromise school rules and the reputation of the class or school may be denied participation in commencement. Expectations for appropriate behavior continue up to and including the commencement ceremony.
- Satisfy all obligations and debts. All fees, costs and/or charges must be satisfied prior to the end of seniors’ regular classes. All equipment or other school property must be returned in full and in appropriate condition prior to the end of seniors’ regular classes.
- Attend Commencement practices. Seniors must attend all commencement practices.
- Wear the school approved cap and gown and follow all procedures for ordering.
- Follow all commencement related tasks and procedures as communicated by the commencement advisor and administration.
Again, we want all seniors who have completed their high school requirements to participate in commencement. Please be sure these rules are understood and followed as various deadlines approach throughout the year.
Thank you for your understanding and full cooperation.