J. E. Fritz Elementary Safety Patrol Information
Welcome to the J. E. Fritz Elementary Safety Patrol page!
Students apply to serve our school from grades 5 and 6. Through this program, students will develop leadership skills and provide a valuable service to the students at Fritz.
Role of the Safety Patrol Team
As school-age leaders, patrol team members teach other students about safety on a peer-to-peer basis. They also serve as models for younger children who look up to them.
- Safety awareness
- Leadership skills
- Citizenship and community service
Our school will benefit, too, as you help promote:
- Peer-to-peer communication
- Character-building opportunities through modeling of positive behaviors
- A constructive outlet for student energy
Taking My Duties Seriously
- Look, act and be alert.
- Report for duty on time.
- Always set a good example. Follow school rules.
- Know and practice safety tips specific to your assigned arrival/dismissal area.
- Perform your patrol duties faithfully.
- Be dependable and trustworthy.
- Be courteous and polite at all times.
- Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Wear your belt and badge proudly.
- Remind classmates of school and safety rules without being bossy.
- Obey rules of the patrol, school and home.
- Relay important information and concerns to the adult in charge in your area.