The search for the next superintendent of Conestoga Valley is underway! We are utilizing the services of Mr. Tom Templeton, Founder and Creative Director of TEMPLETON Advantage, LLC to guide the district through this critically important process. We have selected Mr. Templeton because of his reputation and experience conducting executive searches over the last 20 years, as well as his extensive industry contacts throughout Pennsylvania and beyond.We will be using this section of the website to keep the school community informed as the search progresses.During the first couple weeks of December, we will be conducting a survey of the school community, and Mr. Templeton will be facilitating Focus Group discussions with various stakeholders in the district.Please be looking for more information in the coming days. Thank you in advance for your involvement in this process.The Conestoga Valley Board of School Directors
The Conestoga Valley School District (Lancaster County) -- a system with an exceptional leadership team, highly talented staff of both experienced and young educators with rich, varied backgrounds, and a supportive community family (4,100 students, $89.8 million budget, six schools) -- is looking for its next superintendent to lead the district. Located in the heart of Lancaster County, Conestoga Valley is positioned among the other high performing public schools in Pennsylvania, and enjoys consistent regional recognition for student performance. The district seeks a committed life-long learner who exhibits:
- Proven executive leadership skills to effectively collaborate with a policy-driven board;
- A demonstrated ability to align the strategic and educational efforts of the board, administration, faculty and staff;
- Effective oversight of the continued design of a portfolio of academic and extracurricular programs that focuses on the academic, physical and emotional growth of all students;
- An understanding of school financing, with the proven ability to lead a budgeting process that prioritizes well-designed programs and services for students, while maintaining CV’s stellar credit rating;
- The experience, interpersonal skills and wisdom to address the needs of a diverse student body and promote an environment that thoughtfully embraces equity;
- Consistent, transparent and persuasive communication and engagement skills with district stakeholders;
- A track record of ethical leadership, having the courage of one’s convictions, and displaying integrity through words and deeds;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, defined by seeking to understand others, an assertive confidence, a flexible mindset, and approachability;
- Experience with creating a systemic goal-driven focus at all levels; and holding self and others accountable for defined results;
- The drive to embed oneself into the fabric of the CV community and articulate a strategic vision for the future of CV; and
- An awareness of educational trends and the evolving dynamics of today’s schools/classrooms, along with the visionary instincts to embrace positive change, while honoring precedent and district traditions.
The lead consultant is Tom Templeton, Founder and Creative Director of TEMPLETON Advantage, LLC. Candidates who email their cover letter and resume to Mr. Templeton will receive instructions for submitting an application, clearances and other documentation. Candidates should possess, or be eligible for the Pennsylvania superintendent letter of eligibility. The deadline for candidates to be assured consideration is January 6, 2023. Mr. Templeton can be reached at (717) 636-3238, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan. 3, 2023 Update
HAPPY 2023 TO EVERYONE!
We hope everyone had a relaxing and enjoyable holiday season! As we continue with the process of finding our district’s next superintendent, we want to start by thanking the participants in our recent focus group discussions with our search consultant, Tom Templeton.
Also, a note of appreciation for all that took the time to complete the superintendent search survey. We had a respectable response! We will be continuing focus group discussion with external stakeholders during the first week of January. In the coming days, the board will have the opportunity to take a first look at all the comments, and begin to prepare for the next steps in the process.
Happy New Year!
The Conestoga Valley Board of School Directors